Doctor insights on:
How Long Should I Keep My Son Out Of School With Impetigo
: Although many experts reccommend only local therapy without a culture, what bacteria (staph strep, or both) and what antibiotic to use can't be known without a culture. Also, the child or others may have the bacteria in their respiratory tract and give it to others. So i reccommend oral therapy with the approriate antibiotic. The child can return to school ofter 24 -48 hours of antibiotic. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Yes: If the crusting is better and it is not as raised it is likely improving. A dark red color however should not be present. Can you upload a photo? ...Read more
Why does my 6 yr old son have impetigo at least every few months? He has had it since he was a year old. Currently we use Fucidin to control it.
Likely colonization: Impetigo is a bacterial infection of the skin, most often caused by staph aureus. This bacteri is sometimes colonized in the nostrils of those with chronic hay fever or sinusitis, and in patients with extensive eczema. Your doctor can take a swab bacterial culture of your son's nostrils. If positive, your doctor may prescribe a topical antibacterial medicine to reduce colonization. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
My son had ballus impetigo two weeks ago. He got antibiotics and is healed. However he has been peeling on his feet and hands. Is this normal?
Depends: That would be up to your orthopedist. There are usually a day or so and usually less than a week of rest and elevation and use of ice and pain meds and then depending on the splinting and comfort, the child can return to scool with the proper accommodations. Being out more than a week would seem like a long time to me unless complicated fracture. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long should my son stay out of school after a broken elbow with surgery?
- How long will i not be able to hear out of my left ear with an ear infection?
- Crushed my finger with 11 stiches how long should i keep it wrapped
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- If i fell at work and injured my back how should i properly get out of bed
- How long will i have to be out of work or school after an egg retrieval?
- How long should i be in the hospital after a repair of my ruptured aaa?
- How can i fall out of love with my verbally abusive husband?
- Talk to a pediatrician online