Doctor insights on:
How Long Should Dysentery Last
Kindly advice about proper permanent treatment for shigella amoebic dysentery
i am having this problem for the last more 4 - 5 months ?
Have dysentery since about 10hrs, food doesn't need longer than 30mins to "come back". Additional I got a sore throat.
Should I take it serious?
Mild fever over last 48 hours (99-102). No cold/flu symptoms. Mild dull pain in middle of abdomen. No dysentery, but daily motion is loose. Have also noticed my diastolic pressure up over past 2 wks.
Antiparastitic: And good higineantiparasitic medications such as Metronidazole and iodoquinol, are commonly used to treat dysentery caused by amoebiasis. Antibiotics like ciprofloxacin, ofloxacin, levofloxacin, or Azithromycin are used to treat the organisms causing bacillary dysentery. People with prolonged diarrhea should consult with their doctor. ...Read more
Stool examination: There are multiple causes of dysentery. The presence of dysentery can be determined by naked eye examination of stools. The cause of dysentery requires microscopic examination of stools for parasites, such as e histolytica, culture for bacteria and tests for inflammatory bowel disease. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long should airsickness last?
- How long should farsightedness last?
- How long should candidiasis last?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long should kernicterus last?
- How long should carsickness last?
- How long should chickenpox last?
- How long should fibromyalgia last?
- Talk to a urgent care specialist online for free