Doctor insights on:
How Long Should Carsickness Last
Will Benadryl (diphenhydramine) work for motion sickness? I am going on a long road trip and i get terrible carsickness. Will it work the same as dramamine?
Prevention can help: If motion sickness is a frequent problem, then it is reasonable to try to prevent onset of symptoms. Over the counter antihistamines taken 30 min prior to travel can help. Transdermal scopolamine applied 4 hours before travel can also help. Once symptoms start then little can be done. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Accurate history: A careful interview (history) will help your provider determine whether you have carsickness (motion sickness). It is more common in people with migraines. Symptoms can have varying degrees of intensity. Typically nausea and feeling poorly occur when the car is in motion. The more winding the road, the more intense the symptoms. Looking out towards something on the distant horizon seems to help. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Various ways: Childhood carsickness is associated with migraine, and some migraines preventatives may help this, if you have headaches. Motion sickness could be due to inner ear sensitivity, such as endolymphatic fistula. Perhaps, ENT could evaluate sinuses and inner ear. Otc preps such as meclizine, dramamine, (dimenhydrinate) and even ginger root 1000 mg may help. Some bracelets for seasickness are available. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long should airsickness last?
- How long should farsightedness last?
- How long should candidiasis last?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long should kernicterus last?
- How long should chickenpox last?
- How long should fibromyalgia last?
- How long should anthrax last?
- Talk to a travel medicine specialist online for free