Doctor insights on:
How Long Should Bunions Last
It varies.: Bunions usually can be seen in your 20s but often don't start to hurt for a decade or two later... As do most aches and pains. This will also depend on activity and shoe wear. Having said that, I have treated teenagers with painful bunions as well. Injuries to the foot can accelerate formation, but this will generally be seen on one foot only. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
All depends on the : Procedure and how you are healing. This should be explained/discussed by your surgeon. ...Read more
Depends.: Depending on your procedure, you may be able to bear weight after surgery, or you may be non-weight-bearing for several weeks after. Ask your surgeon how severe your bunion is, and how aggressive a procedure you need. More aggressive procedures require non-weight-bearing afterward on crutches. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Assuming that the: Surgery was on the right foot and involved an osteotomy, I have 2 requirements: 1. A minimum of 6-8 weeks have passed after surgery, normal healing time for broken bones. 2. After the 6-8 weeks, I have my patients sit in their car at home and simulate jamming on the brake as if they have to stop in an emergency. When they can do that without flinching, driving is ok. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
I had bunion surgery in 2006, two pins were inserted that now need to be removed. How long will the recovery process be and what can I expect?
It depends: Certainly, if the bunion surgery was on your left foot (and you drive an automatic transmission), you can drive almost immediately. The anesthesia has to clear your system and you should not be driving while taking pain meds. If it is your right foot, it depends on the procedure. Usually, i allow my patients to drive about 10 days post-op. It does vary patient to patient. No recreational walking. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Around how long should swelling from a sprained ankle last
- How long should swelling last after wisdom tooth extraction?
- How long should bruising last after having a blood test taken?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long should a fat necrosis breast lump last before healed?
- How long should frostbite last?
- How long should testicular pain last after a sports accidental impact?
- How long should collapsed lung last?
- Talk to a podiatrist online for free