Doctor insights on:
How Long Should A Person Be Lactulose
Is bad bloating a common side effect of just starting taking lactulose solution and Metamucil? How long will this it last?
My 8 month baby has constipation.Doctors gave him lactulose.Is it safe and for how long we need to give it? Is there any natural substitutes exists?
Chronic impactions and constipation bc of long term opioid use, tried miralax, (polyethylene glycol) lactulose, no help. How's methylnaltrexone?
Low complex carbs : Small intestinal bacterial overgrowth (sibo) can have multiple causes, is excessive bacterial count in the small intestine. Can be associated with overuse of proton pump inhibitors, fistulas in the bowel, motility disorders, scleroderma, celiac disease, certain gastric ulcer surgery, some immune diseases. Rx is geared toward the underlying cause and antibiotics. Less complex cho (bread) may help. ...Read more
If lactulose does not prove effective then is it good to give sodium picosulphte as laxative to an aged person battling constipation for 6 days?
A very syrupy, BIG: Gun laxative. At is a complex, non-absorable sugar as described by dr. Kopes-kerr, but I use it in patients with bad, multiple day no bm constipation. Don't confuse with lactose, the sugar in milk, and many are intolerant of it, causing flatulence and cramping. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long should a person remain on a ketosis diet?
- Lactulose person liver cirrhosis
- How long should a person need to be off work after a cervical laminectomy?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long is a person contagious with mono?
- How long is a person with diphtheria contagious?
- How long is a person contagious with the flu?
- How long is a person with shingles contagious?
- Talk to a pharmacologist online for free