Doctor insights on:
How Long Should A Cortisone Shot In Hip Hurt
My husband has been hurting from hip pain. He had a cortisone shot in his bursa and that didn't help. Then he had a steroid injection last week i?
Failed Treatment: After two steroid injections it is time to tell his physician that the treatment is not working. There is little here we can offer than to say it is time for a new treatment plan. ...Read more
I am a triathlete and have been having hip pain after runs. I received a cortisone story last week but my hip still hurts. What may be going on?
Cortisone: The answer to this is multifaceted -- often a cortisone injection into a joint will take some effect in 24-48 hours, however, responses to cortisone vary. Not all joint pain responds to cortisone -- if you have no improvement in 5-7 days, i would contact the physician who performed the injection. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
How long do I have to wait to have arthroscopy of the hip after getting a cortisone shot in that joint? Do I have to wait to get it out of body?
No : If the injection helped tell your surgeon( not sure if it was in the hip joint or hip bursa)... Either way if injection helped than arthroscopy may help( for bursectomy or hip labral tear). The steroid injection may have been a diagnostic and / or therapeutic injection but does not affect ( by itself) timing for surgery... Good luck! ...Read more
Do what feels best: The corticosteroid shot you had is a long acting but slow release medication-after 2 days we typically expect the medication is just beginning to take effect and it may take a week to really kick in. If you don't feel any improvement at 2 weeks, you should talk to your doctor about other options. Pt or home stretching and strengthening may help. Good luck! ...Read more
I have a headache after a cortisone shot in the hip. Is this a side effect and if so should I be concerned?
Cronic pain feels like it is in my hips, rhumy says hips joints are ok. Maybe brusitus, cortisone shot didn't help. Any suggestions ?
Typically: There are 3 areas that people identify as 'hip pain' to the sides one spot suggest bursitis, to the side the length of upper leg suggest fascia lata tendinitis, to the back a lumbar disc issue, and to the groin arthritis per se. Of course many other things could cause pain in those areas. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long should it take for a cortisone shot in my hip to start working?
- How long is my arm going to hurt after getting a tetanus shot?
- How long should i expect to have blood in my pee after having a prostate biopsy?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long should you wait after being sick before getting a flu shot?
- How long will your back hurt after a discectomy in lower back?
- How long is the typical healing process for a broken hip in an elderly person?
- How long should a broken wrist be required to spend in a cast?
- Talk to a pharmacologist online for free