Doctor insights on:
How Long Should A Cast Remain On A Broken Wrist
I would like to know everything about casts and broken wrists. How long do you have a cast on for a broken wrist?
Broken wrist: Is a very big term. It can mean a hairline fracture in a bone tha heals fast or a displaced fracture in a bone that has bad blood supply. Simple nondisplaced fractures are casted for 3-4 weeks often but complex fractures in some bones of the wrist ( that dont have surgery) can be casted for 9-12 weeks. The inure, the ;ovation, the pattern, health factors, smoking, all play a role in time to "heal". ...Read more
Fractured wrist: Can be a hairline injury that nay only need a splint to a more complex injury. How do you know . Well short if completing a residency in orthopedic surgery or a fellowship in hand or a related field .... You won't .... But swelling is a sign if an injury the presence or absence of it does not affect typical decisions to cast or not unless u are talking about delaying a cast for it. ...Read more
I have a broken wrist with a cast on my arm. I want to cut the cast off after 5 weeks & not go back?
Is your choice: I would listen to ortho doctor's recommendation. Most fractures heal in 5-6 weeks anyway. Yu are almost there. ...Read more
When bone is healed: Your orthopedic surgeon will do an exam and obtain an x-ray. The exam must show little or no tenderness over the broken bone. X-ray must confirm bone is healed. Ideally, wrist motion should be equal on both wrist. Occupational therapy may be necessary to optimize grip strength and motion. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Supposing you already had a broken hand in a cast & you fell very hard on that hand, could you get a broken wrist too?
A cast was put on my broken wrist today and my fingers are incredibly swollen. I have been icing/elevating them but they feel like pins and needles.
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long should a cast stay on for fractured wrist?
- How long should a broken wrist be required to spend in a cast?
- How long should a person remain on a ketosis diet?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long will you need a cast for a broken thumb?
- How long could my broken arm be in a cast?
- How long should you wait to get a piercing after being on accutane?
- How long should you wait with a broken bone before surgery?
- Talk to a orthopedic surgeon online for free