Doctor insights on:
How Long Should A Black Eye Hurt
Depends: This will depend on the nautre of the injury, the amount of blood leaked out into the tissue and continuing to leak out, the initial treatment and continuing treatment, whether you are on Aspirin or other blood thinners like "plavix" or "coumadin" and you own ability to clot and remove clot. A simple "black eye" may last 7-10 days. More severe could last a month or more. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Week or two: A bad black eye, also known as ecchymosis, will resolve over time as your body breaks down the blood and carries it away. Icing the eye for the first two days to limit the swelling and bleeding can help. Applying heat from day four onward can bring more blood supply to the area and help to break down and carry away the old blood. It rarely will last more than a week or two. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
I got hit today it hurt within first few min then after that it didn't will it turn into a black eye?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long does it take for a black eye to form?
- How long will a black eye last?
- How long should my eyes stay dilated after a visit with an eye doctor?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long should a baby to wear an eye patch to correct a lazy eye?
- How long should a cortisone shot in hip hurt?
- How long does a black eye last?
- How long does it take for a black eye to appear?
- Talk to a ophthalmologist online for free