Doctor insights on:
How Long Should I Wait To Call A Doctor With A Moderate Fever
Likely: Not uncommon for viral illnesses to produce low grade fevers for 10-14 days, but if it goes on longer than this, would reevaluate. ...Read more
Have osteomyelitis again. Had MRI today, no results yet. Hot, excessive sweating but no fever, weak, nauseous. Wait to call doc tomorrow or ER?
No: You should go to the ER immediately if you have weakness, nausea/vomiting. ...Read more
Swollen thyroid difficulty breathing very tired dizziness fever hands are very shaky. Should I wait until after the weekend and call my doc or go to er? I'm so confused
Thyroid storm/crisis: Swollen and tender thyroid along with fever/dizziness etc...Is concerning for an acute thyrotoxicosis (thyroid storm)--an infection/inflammation in your thyroid causing a huge release of the hormone resulting your symptoms. Since you are having a hard time breathing, I would not wait because of a long weekend. Call your doc to find your options. Good luck. ...Read more
Hello doctor I have a bad cough all night and day long with a sore throat and body achy with a fever of 101.5 everything I've been taking at home for my cough and achyness is not helping is there anything you can call in for me that can help?
My 90'yr old mom had food poisoning or flu on Thurs. Today...Sat. On scale. Lost 10 lbs! Wait til mon. To call her doc?
That depends: How is she now? Is she better? She feeling ok? Has she started to eat again? How fragile is her health otherwise? If she is feeling pretty well, is eating and drinking ok, I think it's ok to wait. If not, then give a call. ...Read more
100.4F or 38C: Babies younger than 2 months manifest signs and symptoms of serious infections (sepsis) in a more subtle fashion than older children. It is important to take your young infant to the doctor if he or she is feeding poorly, is sleepier than usual (lethargic) has an unusual rash, or has an elevated temp – even if that is the only symptom. ...Read more
My 3month old has had a low grade fever 100.4-100.9 for 2 weeks. Doctors say not to call unless it's 101 or higher should I be concerned?
TALK TO DOCTOR: Your 3months old baby having fever around 100.4 may be normal or due to mild viral infection. Which may go away soon. You should be concerned if baby is having any of these symptoms like cough, not feeding well, diarrhea or vomiting and temperature is above 101, .Anyhow baby needs to be checked /examined again if he has any new signs of any disease/infection may need treatment ...Read more
I had a bunionectomy and I've developed a fever. I want to know if I should call the doctor right away or not?
When less than 3 mos: It depends on the age of your child as well as other symptoms. For any baby under 3 months of age, a fever over 100.4 deg F taken rectally is considered a fever and an emergency. When your child is older than that, if they have any other concerning symptoms with the fever such as ear pain, deep cough, trouble breathing, lethargy, or the fever persists, you should call your doctor. ...Read more
Read advice first: Pediatricians always give an informatoin sheet when little ones get shots. Read that first. If that doesn't provide you with guidance, then yes, call the doctor. ...Read more
Hot Stuff: A fever is a sign of infection whether viral or bacterial. If your child does not have any other symptoms (i.e. Nasal congestion, cough, vomiting, etc.), he most likely has a virus. If the fever does not resolve within a few days or other symptoms develop, you should have your baby evaluated by a doctor. Acetaminophen my be given for irritability but should be used judiciously. ...Read more
Probably: Remember, MMR can not be given until at least one year. If your infant develops a fever (over 101 degrees) after any vaccine, and you are concerned, contact your doctor for advice. For the MMR vaccine, some children will get a mild fever and/or rash, but generally not until 10 days after receiving the vaccine. ...Read more
My daughter age 6 doctor said that she has tonsillitis and proscribed moxypenland Still pain Her fever has not gone down since last night. I did call the doctor again today. And he said that it is ok her fever is now 39.7 even after medication.
Had my ureter balloon dilated yesterday with a stent placement. How high of a fever should I call my doctor at?
101: I would guess 101 degrees but your discharge instructions from the procedure should tell you what your doctor would recommend. ...Read more
Had cortisone shot 3 days ago. Am running a fever with nausea and no appetite. Should I call the doctor?
May not be related: May not be related, but appropriate to have evaluation. ...Read more
My son has fever since 5 days that decreases when I give him panadol (acetaminophen).I am giving him antibiotic called clavox. What should I do or tell his doctor.?
11 mth old swollen nodes on back of head at neck for 2 weeks. Went down 1 day & came back. No fever or other symptoms. Bug bites on head. Call doc?
14mo boy: 72 hrs post op (tubes) with a recurring 103 fever. Tylenol (acetaminophen) does work for a few hrs. Crabby, not eating, painful cough. Normal or call doc?
10 days post op from gallbladder removal. Lethargic and have flu like symptoms, tired, chills, no appetite but no fever. Should I call the doc?
Mgt: I would advise being seen by your PCP. They can then call the surgeon as indicated. It may be a self limited illness, but since you are in the post operative period, monitoring your temperature is important. ...Read more
6 weeks newborn is having a mild fever of 37.4 in arm pit. She got hepattitis b vaccine yesterday. Should call our doctor?
I've had a flu for weeks, first one strain then a second along with a staff infection. I was running a fever of 101. Now my temp is 96.3. Call my doc?
Of course!: The first bout of flu could have left you open to new infections. Several weeks is too long to be suffering. Your immune system may be letting you down by not adequately fighting off new "bugs". See an md. ...Read more
67 y old. Fever, cough for weeks, worsened with yellow sputum. CXR possible RLL pneumonia per ER doc. Call from GP after radiologist's report. Cancer?
Needs monitoring: It may be a pneumonia only, but sometimes lung cancer can cause an obstructive pneumonia which only becomes obvious after the pneumonia has been treated with proper antibiotics and the mass/shadow persists despite clearing of the infection/pneumonia element. You may need Bronchoscopy to sort it out further unless the pneumonia clears up completely in 2-3 weeks time. ...Read more
My daughter has had a fever past 48 hours with cough and slight runny nose. Ibuprofen brings it down from 102.4 to 100.4 but when should I call doc?
11 month old has watery eye & one-sided runny nose, on the right side. Thought it was cold, but why would it only be on one side? Call doc? No fever.
Rhinitis: Asymmetric runny nose may be simply due to allergy or virus with swelling more on one side. Gentle saline and suction may help. However, persistent symptoms only on one side should be evaluated for foreign body, congenital cysts or tumors and choanal atresia. See an otolaryngologist with any persistent symptoms. ...Read more
Have a pocket of, fluid in my left breast. It has been 8 weeks since surgery and know I have fever and chills. Should I call the doctor.
20 weeks pregnant, cough, stuffed nose and 101 fever. Dangerous? What should docs check for to b safe? When should I b concerned? Yes called doc already
Sounds like a virus: Upper respiratory infections are usually with viruses that do not create problems for the fetus, particularly since you are already in the second trimester of your pregnancy. In addition, there is not much you can do about it once you have such an infection except wait it out. The overwhelming probability is that you will have a great normal baby who will outlive both of us. ...Read more
100-102F fever for 2-3 days headache, earache & sore throat No appetite Fatigue Call doctor or treat fever/pain with NSAIDs, rest, fluids?
I have a cold (stuffy nose, sore throat, no fever). I'm having surgery to remove an ovarian cyst in a week. Will the surgery be moved? Call my doctor?
- Talk to a doctor online
- How long should i wait to see a doctor for urinary retention?
- How long should i wait to sr?
- How long should i wait before seeing a doctor if i have black stools?
- How long should you wait to see a doctor for bloating?
- How long should i wait to get tested for herpes?
- How long should i wait to be sexually active after a breast reduction?
- How long should i wait to donate plasma after having a colonoscopy?
- How long should i wait to return to work after a fever?