Doctor insights on:
How Long One Can Survive On Ventilator
Hard to say.: Depends entirely upon the underlying disease and the patient. Your doc knows the answer to this. ...Read more
As long as necessary: Or until they are better or expire. ...Read more
Usually...: ...It's the need for ventilation (disease or prematurity) that is responsible for most of the complications. ...Read more
What happens if a patient is intubated and you don't have resources (mechanical ventilator), and its more than 12 hours, how long is bagging effective?
Ventilator vs baggin: Bagging is effective as long as ventilation is provided effectively and the patient is oxygenating appropriately. ...Read more
If a person is on a ventilator, and does not have a trachea, how long do hospitals (namely icu's) allow this?
Tracheotomy: I am assuming you are asking about a tracheotomy or tracheostomy. If the person is expected to be on a ventilator long term or has been on the it long term (> 2 weeks) usually a "trach" is done. Sometimes, a trach is done initially if there are airway issues. A trach allows the person to be more comfortable, allows easier nursing care, and prevent future airway complications. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
What happens if there is an intrapulmonary shunt or the person has cystic fibrosis, can they survive on a ventilator?
Yes: Shunts and CF do not preclude survival on a ventilator. It may be more difficult to clear secretions from CF on ventilator but can be done ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long can one survive without dialysis?
- How long can you live on a mechanical ventilator?
- How long can you live on a ventilator?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long can someone survive with leukocytosis?
- How long can sperm survive in the ovarian tubes?
- How long can a person survive with kidney failure?
- How long can hiv survive in water?
- Talk to a pulmonologist online for free