Doctor insights on:
How Long It Takes For A Fracture To Heal
A fracture is a broken bone. As there is cartilage at the end of many bones at the joint, a fracture may also include a break in the cartilage. Fractures and broken bones are the same thing. It seems that many believe that a "fracture" is a lesser injury or an incomplete break in the bone, but this is not correct. Fractures may be displaced or ...Read more
How long does it take for fractured ribs to heal? Are there any huge risks of walking around with broken ribs?
Long Time: Bone healing happens very slowly. At around 6 weeks, fractures have enough strength to tolerate some load and enough mineralization to show up on an x-ray. However, the remodeling process takes up to 18 months and the bone is slowly getting stronger the entire time. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Fracture: If immobilized about 6 weeks.Get a more detailed answer ›
Broken bone is also known as Fracture. A bone fracture is a condition in which there is a break in the bone. It can be caused by a high force injury or it may result from a previous medical condition that involves weakening of the bone. Common symptoms include severe pain, swelling of the surrounding ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long does it take for a big toe fracture to heal?
- How long does it take for a hairline fracture in the foot to heal?
- How long does it take for a wrist fracture to heal?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long will it take for a fractured toe to heal?
- How long will it take for a hip hairline fracture to heal?
- How long does it take for a radial head fracture to heal?
- How long will it take for a trimalleolar fractured ankle to heal?
- Talk to a orthopedic surgeon online for free