Doctor insights on:
How Long It Takes For A Fracture To Heal
A fracture is a broken bone. As there is cartilage at the end of many bones at the joint, a fracture may also include a break in the cartilage. Fractures and broken bones are the same thing. It seems that many believe that a "fracture" is a lesser injury or an incomplete break in the bone, but this is not correct. Fractures may be displaced or ...Read more
If : You do not need surgery 6 to 8 weeks. ...Read more
Long Time: Bone healing happens very slowly. At around 6 weeks, fractures have enough strength to tolerate some load and enough mineralization to show up on an x-ray. However, the remodeling process takes up to 18 months and the bone is slowly getting stronger the entire time. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Fracture: If immobilized about 6 weeks.Get a more detailed answer ›
Is it broken or fractured is a question I am often asked. The answer is basically that a broken or fractured bone is the same thing. A fracture means a break in the cortex or the strong layer of outer bone cells. In an adult the average time for that to heal varies greatly but is often considered to ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long will it take for a tibial plateau fracture to heal?
- How long does it take to heal a fractured foot?
- How long does it take a fractured ankle to heal?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long soes it take a hairline fracture to heal?
- How long does it take a fracture to heal?
- How long will it take for a fractured hand to heal?
- How long does it take a fractured hand to heal?
- Talk to a orthopedic surgeon online for free