Doctor insights on:
How Long Is Too Long To Vomit
My 6 yr old son had the flu 2 weeks ago. Now he has a bad cough, vomiting and mild fever. Should i take him to the er?He's been sick too long.?
Take him to his doc: If he is not in respiratory distress - not struggling or working hard to breathe, you can wait to see his pediatrician over the next day. Some children get pneumonia with the flu. He will need to get examined and possibly get a chest xray to determine if this is the case. And then he can be treated. If he is in respiratory distress, take him to the er. ...Read more
Wheezy chest heart rate is fast. Every time she coughs she vomits. Can't stand for too long what shall I do ?
ER/ Urgent care: Take her to a physician ASAP, urgent care or ER. She may have asthma, pertussis, heart failure, pneumonia. Time to get an exam and xray. Keep her hydrated with fluids. Vomiting losses need extra fluids to make up for them. In the ER, IV fluids can be given and at least anti-emetics to ease the nausea and vomiting and anti-tussives to ease the coughing. ...Read more
Coma time: No great work has been done. The amount of time is less important than the brain that is left to recover. ...Read more
Post root canal: You really need to have a permanent restoration as soon as possible after your root canal is completed. Prior to that you would have a temporary filling in your tooth. You could risk breaking the tooth or having it get contaminated. So please get it filled ASAP! ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
What is a "reasonable" amount of time for a toddler/preschooler to take to eat dinner? How long is too long?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long is too long for a child to vomit?
- How long is too long to have a headache?
- How long is too long to wait tohave a hernia repaired?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long after receiving a tetanus shot is it safe to receive a flu shot?
- How long should it take for a pinched nerve to heal after the pressure is off?
- How long to wait before taking solid food after diarrhea and vomiting?
- How long is it safe to take mobic for?
- Talk to a urgent care specialist online for free