Doctor insights on:
How Long Is The Waiting Period To Drive Or Travel After The Angiogram
Depends: If you are going to have an angiogram performed through a groin vessel the time will depend on the size of the catheter used and whether or not your doctor used a closure device (material used to seal the puncture wound in the blood vessel). You must consult the doctor who will be doing the procedure to answer your question properly. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
My wife has just had a stent inserted through an angiogram. how long does she have to wait before any sexual contact?
Pain where: You should not have any pain, if this is a groin pain you probably need an ultrasound. Check with your cardiologist. ...Read more
Different angiograms: There are different areas that are studied with different types of angiograms. If you are having a cardiac angiogram they will be watching you for several hours after the study to make sure that the injection site is not bleeding. A pressure dressing will be applied. If that is the study you are having, it is better that you don't drive yourself. ...Read more
It depends on route: If the cerebral angiogram was performed through a catheter insert through a blood vessel in the groin, it is best to avoid exercising for a few days until the blood vessel in the groin is well sealed and won't start-up bleeding when you start running. On the other hand, exercises that don't involve running, such as weight lifting are ok the next day. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Variable: Getting up that day, walking next day, bed bath next day, showering probably 2 days. Wait til bruising gone then run, lift and get more active. ...Read more
11 days after angiogram and still sore in groin were cut was made how long does this take to heal?
Hematoma: Hematoma is not uncommon after cardiac catheterization. A hole is poked in a large vessel and it can leak even after we think its sealed. The blood will usually reabsorb over weeks if it in the lower limb. There is no good way to hurry up the reabsorption. The skin wound should heal in less than 2 weeks. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long is the recovery period after the surgery to fix a chiari malformation?
- How long is the wait for sex after tubal ligation?
- How long should it take for a pinched nerve to heal after the pressure is off?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Is it normal to bleed longer than 7 day for the 1st period after an abortion?
- How long is the recovery period after penile surgery?
- How long can i wait to go to the hospital after my water breaks?
- How long after open heart surgery does it take the sternum to heal completely?
- Talk to a cardiologist online