Doctor insights on:
How Long Is The Typical Incision For A Laminectomy
2-5 inches: Longer if your thick.Get a more detailed answer ›
Had laminectomy <2wks. Back incision is healing, but my skin is very irritated by any adhesives to keep wound covered. Any options? Is covering needed
May not need it now: If I wound is closed you may not need it. Otherwise you can talk with your physician about paper tape ...Read more
I had a lumbar Laminectomy about 2weeks ago , there's a lump on the top of my incision, it doesn't hurt but it just looks wierd, anything I can do?
Laminectomy 4 mo ago. Have low back pain near incision / some leg pain. Epi injection didn't help. Cycling/running hurts it. Also tried resting. Mri?
Laminectomy Recovery: The pain sounds incisional or from the muscles around your operation. At four months postop, you need to give it more time. Try lower impact exercises such as elliptical trainers or swimming. This type of aerobic training has less impact on the healing muscles. Physical therapy may also help instructing proper technique to prevent aggravation. Good luck on recovery. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Had laminectomy on L5 s1 on 11/08/12. Incision infected. Had MRI done today. What shld i expct and why do I hurt worse now and why are toes numb?
Depends: Incisional infections vary in severity from a very minor suture abscess to a very serious deep infection. Depending on the type of wound infection, your pain and numbness may or may not be related to your infection. Talk to your surgeon, as he/she has the best perspective and can best evaluate and explain your condition to you. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Job?: It certainly depends on what job you have and your duties. I usually keep my patients off at least 4 weeks depending on how many levels are done and what their job is. ...Read more
It depend?: Iknow everyone recovers differently but in general the kind of job you do is big factor, wither you have complications or , what kind of procedure done. Let assume one disc is done with had wear (plate) and you do desk job you could go back to work in 4 weeks. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long is recovery for lumbar laminectomy?
- How long does a hernia incision take to heal?
- How long does it take for a hernia incision to heal?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long is the typical adjustment period for hypothyroid medication?
- How long is the typical recovery from microvascular decompression?
- How long should a person need to be off work after a cervical laminectomy?
- How long should packing for drainage of sergical incision be left in wound?
- Talk to a neurologist online