Doctor insights on:
How Long Is The Recovery For A Foot Amputation
Why it is done: Healing in a foot amputations will be slow. If amputation is done on a normal healthy person like after a injury will heal with in 6 wk, but most of the foot amputations are done on diabetics, with poor circulation due to peripheral vascular diseases , with infections including gangrene of toes , will take months to heal. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Modify: You may have to modify your routine exercise. There will be certain limitation to consider. You want to avoid anything that causes further breakdown of your skin, leading to ulceration and further infections and amputations. Shoe modification is also very important.Depending on the level of the amp, you may need fillers to help. Also ask your doctor if any work is going to be done on your achilles. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Phantom Limb: It is quite common for amputees to experience sensations on the removed limb. Many times it is pains, for others, it can feel different (itching for example). A study reported in nejm found that using a mirror to 'visualize' the removed body part actually helped resolve those sensations. http://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/nejmc071927. No matter what, discuss things with your doctor or surgeon. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Series of steps: Anesthesia is provided, followed by tourniquet application. Skin is preserved to cover the amputation site, and all muscle-tendon tissues and blood vessels cut to expose the bone. A saw device is used to resect the bone and remove the amputated tissues. Closure of the skin flap is done to protect the exposed ends of the live tissue. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long is recovery after a full leg cast for a broken foot?
- How long is the healing time for a pulled tendon in my foot?
- How long is the recovery for a partial nephrectomy?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long is the recovery for a baby with transposition of the great vessels?
- How long is the recovery for a aaa repair?
- How long is the recovery for a vasectomy?
- How long is the recovery time for a torn meniscus?
- Talk to a vascular surgeon online for free