Doctor insights on:
How Long Is Takes To Heeled From Perianal Surgery
Saw doctor today about rectal bleeding for 4 months after perianal abscess surgery. Told that body is cleaning itself out - takes time to heal.
Suggest you see: Another doctor, specifically a colorectal surgeon. You may have a perianal fistula as the underlying cause of the original abscess. If no evidence for source of bleeding on office visit, probably need a colonoscopy. Do not accept your first doctors eplanation. It is just plain hooey. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Not usually: I suggest you see your surgeon, and discuss your discomfort. That's a bit long to still be uncomfortable, though that is a broad term. Call your surgeon and make an appointment. Good luck. ...Read more
I had a surgery next to my anus had a perianal cyst removed it healed then it opened up and never healed any remedies suggestions help please thanks?
Return to surgeon: Regarding any complication from any surgical procedure, please go back to original surgeon who performed procedure so that s/he can work w/you to achieve desired outcome. If it would make you feel more comfortable & procedure is elective, get a 2nd opinion (which is always a good idea if possible). ...Read more
It is about leukoplakia(or ain) in perianal zone which i was diagnosed after biopsy. Is surgery the only option even though the "white area" is small?
Not recommended: The abscess is cause by a connection of the inside of your rectum and the surrounding fatty tissue, very common condition. The rule is to treat the abscess with surgery and when the infection is gone, then investigate the source and get rid of that connection (fistula). ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long will it take to recover from hernia surgery?
- How long does it take to recover from appendix surgery?
- How long does it take to heal from hemorrhoid surgery?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long does it take to recover from eyelid surgery?
- How long does it take to recover from nose surgery?
- How long does it take to recover from bypass surgery?
- Recovering from an eye surgery
- Talk to a podiatrist online for free