Doctor insights on:
How Long Is Someone With Rabies Contagious
Rabies: Rabies is a lethal viral illness. The incubation from wild animal bite to symptoms is a few days to a week, but these may initially be nonspecific. There is no proven treatment once you actually have the illness, but there are experimental protocols used in hospitals. Human to human transmission by biting or kissing is conceivably possible, but no health worker has gotten rabies from a patient. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Rabies is an infectious disease caused by a virus. The most common carrier in the U.S. is infected bats. Symptoms of rabies include an initial flu-like illness followed by increasing paralysis, agitation, and confusion. The classic drooling symptom is due to an inability ...Read more
I've been having neuro symptoms for 4 months. memory loss, vision. My doctor can't find anything wrong. Could someone with rabies have it this long?
See neuro: Why do you think you might have rabies??? See a neurologist for further evaluation. There are very,very rare cases of delayed symptoms of rabies (in other countries). Did you ask your doc about the chance of rabies? That would not be the first diagnosis most of us would make but any diagnosis needs to be made after a proper workup which sometimes requires more testing if initial tests are neg. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Very quickly: Within a matter of daysGet a more detailed answer ›
Rabies symptoms: May exhibit symptoms between two days and two weeks. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long is someone with shingles contagious?
- How long is someone contagious with rsv?
- How long is someone contagious with mono?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long is someone contagious with a virus?
- How long is someone with a virus contagious?
- How long is someone contagious with strep throat?
- How long is someone with the stomach flu contagious?
- Talk to a pediatrician online