Doctor insights on:
How Long Is Someone Contagious With Mono
How long after someone has EBV are they contagious through kissing? How about for people with "chronic mono" (regardless of how real that is)?
Epstein Barr virus: EBV probably is transmissible by saliva for only a few weeks after recovering from mononucleosis. "Chronic mono" is usually not actually mononucleosis and not caused by EBV (as your "regardless" comments suggests you already know), and therefore is not transmissible. ...Read more
How long is somebody with mono contagious after they get over it?
And can you get it more than one?
And how rare is a splenic rupture
Varies: Mono will generally shed in saliva during the initial phase of the illness, that lasts 3 weeks in most and up to 3 months in a few. It can also shed intermittently for years afterward without other outward signs of illness. Luckily most will have it as kids and not be susceptible later in life. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long is mono contagious?
- How long is a person contagious with mono?
- How long is someone contagious with rsv?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long is someone with rabies contagious?
- How long is someone contagious with a virus?
- How long is someone with pneumonia contagious?
- How long is someone with a virus contagious?
- Talk to a infectious disease specialist online