Doctor insights on:
How Long Is Scabies Contagious After Treatment
Wait: I would wait until your doctor says everything is okay. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Could be: It could be up to 2 weeks. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Problem is Scabies: Can be transmitted indirectly as well as directly. Thus- it can be the gift that keeps on giving. Scabies can take effort to get rid of. 1st, you &all members of family need to be treated. Ivermectin is effective for treating scabies (oral or topical). 2nd, you’ll have to clean (ie. Hot water in machine) clothes, bedding &towels you have come in contact w. Some things like pillows can’t go in >. ...Read more
Better: Better to have 2 treatments one week apart. ...Read more
After second treatment for scabies is that when your not contagious anymore or is it when all blemishes are gone?
Would wait: I would wait until itching goes away. ...Read more
2 weeks: Usually two weeks of treatment would be enough, but "itching" may linger, sometimes, up to months. The itching without "rash" makes some people believe their scabies still presented. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long is ringworm contagious after treatment?
- How long does scabies remain contagious after treatment?
- How long is head lice contagious after treatment?
- How long is lice contagious after treatment?
- How long is flu contagious after tamiflu?
- How long is flu contagious after fever breaks?
- How long is mrsa contagious after antibiotics?
- How long is walking pneumonia contagious after starting antibiotics?
- Talk to a dermatologist online for free