Doctor insights on:
How Long Is Scabies Contagious After Treatment
Problem is Scabies: Can be transmitted indirectly as well as directly. Thus- it can be the gift that keeps on giving. Scabies can take effort to get rid of. 1st, you &all members of family need to be treated. Ivermectin is effective for treating scabies (oral or topical). 2nd, you’ll have to clean (ie. Hot water in machine) clothes, bedding &towels you have come in contact w. Some things like pillows can’t go in >. ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
After second treatment for scabies is that when your not contagious anymore or is it when all blemishes are gone?
My boyfriend has scabies and his Doctor told him he wasn't contagious cause he has the dead kind. Should I still see my doctor for treatment?
Yes, if a close contact: Yes, usually close contacts of persons with scabies need to be treated at the same time as the patient. Even if they aren't itching yet because you can still have scabies even though you are not symptomatic. Make sure all linens, bedding, clothes, etc.are laundered in hot water. ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
Scabies: Although sometimes referred to as the "seven-year itch, " scabies can be effectively treated with killing of the mite sarcoptes scabiei, preventing cross-contamination from a close contact and/or clothes/bedding sheets. Sometimes pruritus may be secondary to postscabetic dermatitis which in turn is secondary to the skin reaction to the scabies infestation that persists after effective eradication. ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long is ringworm contagious after treatment?
- How long does scabies remain contagious after treatment?
- How long is head lice contagious after treatment?
- How long is lice contagious after treatment?
- How long is flu contagious after tamiflu?
- How long is flu contagious after fever breaks?
- How long is mrsa contagious after antibiotics?
- How long is walking pneumonia contagious after starting antibiotics?
- Talk to a dermatologist online