Doctor insights on:
How Long Is Scabies Contagious After Treatment
Problem is Scabies: Can be transmitted indirectly as well as directly. Thus- it can be the gift that keeps on giving. Scabies can take effort to get rid of. 1st, you &all members of family need to be treated. Ivermectin is effective for treating scabies (oral or topical). 2nd, you’ll have to clean (ie. Hot water in machine) clothes, bedding &towels you have come in contact w. Some things like pillows can’t go in >. ...Read more
Better: Better to have 2 treatments one week apart. ...Read more
After second treatment for scabies is that when your not contagious anymore or is it when all blemishes are gone?
Would wait: I would wait until itching goes away. ...Read more
My boyfriend has scabies and his Doctor told him he wasn't contagious cause he has the dead kind. Should I still see my doctor for treatment?
Yes, if a close contact: Yes, usually close contacts of persons with scabies need to be treated at the same time as the patient. Even if they aren't itching yet because you can still have scabies even though you are not symptomatic. Make sure all linens, bedding, clothes, etc.are laundered in hot water. ...Read more
Depends: In true scabies the mite dies after it is exposed to treatment (permethrin) fairly soon after treatment. However, and this is the gross part, the major reaction is to the scabies droppings left behind. This material is very irritating and causes the characteristic itching one experiences. This particular symptom can take weeks to "cool down" and may require topical or even oral steroids. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long does scabies remain contagious after treatment?
- Is scabies contagious after treatment?
- How long are scabies contagious?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long does scabies itch after treatment?
- How long does scabies last after treatment?
- How long is lice contagious after treatment?
- How long is head lice contagious after treatment?
- Talk to a dermatologist online