Doctor insights on:
How Long Is Recovery From Triple Bypass Surgery
My dad had triple bypass surgery last week he has contd to cough since the surgery. Is it normal after his bypass surgery? If yes, how long ?
About 4 hours: The average time of bypass surgery if about four hours but it depends on a lot ot things. Some surgeons are faster than others but that does not necessarily mean that faster is better. Also it depends on how technically difficult the surgery is. I can never be sure how long it will take me to drive to work. That i get there safely is the most important thing. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Better outcome: Pro - in general, if you have 3 vessel coronary artery disease and require "triple bypass" surgery, you will fare better over the long run than you would with stenting or medication alone. You would have better control of angina symptoms and a lesser risk of a heart attack. Con - risks of bypass surgery, having to go through with surgery and recovery from it. In most patients, risks are small. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Varies: The graft may have closed because it was attached to a diffusely diseased vessel with miminal flow. If the area is collateralized, nothing may need to be done. If reduced blood flow to that are of the heart is documented and associated with symptoms, then your own vessel that lost the bypass may possibly be opened with a stent. Talk to your cardiologist. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Recovery from triple bypass surgery
- How long is recovery for a triple bypass?
- How long does it take to recover from triple bypass heart surgery?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long does a triple bypass surgery last?
- Recovery after triple bypass surgery
- How long is the recovery from femoral artery bypass surgery?
- How long is recovery from carotid bypass?
- Talk to a cardiologist online