Doctor insights on:
How Long Is Recovery For A Triple Bypass
More info needed: Which one are you talking about ? The bypass or the stents? Which was done first? How many grafts? Which type? Vien vs arterial grafts? Are you a diabetic, do smoke? Are the stents drug eluting or bare metal? So you see too much of your information is missing to make an intelligent assessment. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Should a triple bypass patient do pushups? And if so, is two years long enough before attempting? Dont want to compromise the wires inside. Wt. 240
My dad had triple bypass surgery last week he has contd to cough since the surgery. Is it normal after his bypass surgery? If yes, how long ?
Weeks to Months: You will be home usually within a week but rehabilitation is a big part of recovery and it will take several more weeks before you feel 100%. The sternotomy will be sore until it fully heals. In addition, if you had a vein harvest from the legs, it takes several weeks for these wounds to heal. Overall it takes a month or two before you feel fully recovered. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
It really depends: Unfortunately, there is no easy answer. A bypass surgery does not cure you of coronary artery disese. You can form new blockages in your arteries or even the bypass grafts. Arterial grafts like mammary arteries tend to last a long time. Vein grafts often last about 7-10 yrs. Have you quit smoking and watched your diet? All of these things are improtant. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
I'm curious, when a triple bypass has been done and the center one clogs within 3 yrs. What can be done?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long is recovery after a full leg cast for a broken foot?
- How long is recovery from triple bypass surgery?
- How long is the recovery for a foot amputation?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long is the recovery for a subtotal thyroidectomy?
- How long is recovery from a lumpectomy for elderly?
- How long is surgery recovery for a lazy eye?
- How long is the recovery for a baby with transposition of the great vessels?
- Talk to a cardiologist online