Doctor insights on:
How Long Is Mrsa Contagious After Antibiotics
MRSA treatment: I am not clear about the question. Mrsa may be found on a healthy skin, nose, ... Having the germ by itself is not going to be an infection. It is called colonization. When it is in the wound or circulation then that would be different. ...Read more
48 hours: Usually with in 48 hours but i would probably wait 10 to 14 days. ...Read more
MRSA: Even if you have been treated you are probably still carrying this on your skin and mucous membranes. Depends on your definition of "contagious". This organism is generally transferred person to person by direct hand contact, and then the other person may only become a carrier. Infection requires a break in the skin or soft tissues or introduction into an immune suppressed person. ...Read more
A friend has an active MRSA infection. How long after start of antibiotics will he be contagious? I had complication s from MRSA in 2007 and fear it.
ASK treating DR!!: Each case can range in severity and i would discuss this with the treating physician. Regulations and procedures are changing daily and i would be sure the treating physician gives you patient specific recommendations. ...Read more
How long is a toddler still contagious after being treated for mrsa. He's finished antibiotics but still has a small sore on his belly (no puss)?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long is walking pneumonia contagious after starting antibiotics?
- How long is pink eye contagious after starting antibiotics?
- How long is c diff contagious after antibiotics?
- How long is pink eye contagious for after start of antibiotics?
- How long is conjunctivitis contagious after starting antibiotics?
- How long after starting antibiotic is pink eye contagious?
- How long is pink eye contagious after antibiotics started?
- How long is pink eye contagious after antibiotics?
- Talk to a dermatologist online for free