Doctor insights on:
How Long Is Meningitis Contagious
Length of meningitis contagiousness? How long is a person afflicted with meningitis contagious to others?
When someone is symptom free from viral meningitis, are they no longer contagious? My friend just has a runny nose, otherwise he is fine, no fever.
Yes: Although some types are more contagious than others, the three most common types of bacterial meningitis all have vaccines available to reduce the risk. There are no vaccines for viral meningitis, but fortunately viral meningitis is typically less serious than bacterial. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
How contagious is meningitis? And how is it spread? I am worried my friend might have it and i was around her and massaged her head. Worried
Meningitis: Causes of bacterial meningitis including strep, neisseria, h flu & viruses like enteroviruses, herpes, & hiv. Bacteria & viruses that cause meningitis colonize the nose & throat & are transmitted through respiratory droplets. Viral meningitis can also be transmitted by fecal-oral routes & insect bites. Usually contacts working within ~3 ft of those with meningitis r considered to be at high risk. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Maybe,maybe not: Aseptic meningitis is a term usually applied to that process triggered during an infection with a variety of viruses. The dominant group usually causes intestinal issues like cramps or diarrhea, with a fraction of the patients developing meningitis. The germ may pass to someone not immune, but may or may not cause meningitis. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long is spinal meningitis contagious?
- How long is mrsa meningitis contagious?
- How long is bacterial meningitis contagious?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long is folliculitis contagious?
- Ringworm how long is it contagious
- How long is a cough contagious?
- How long is the flue contagious?
- Talk to a infectious disease specialist online