Doctor insights on:
How Long Is Meningitis Contagious
Length of meningitis contagiousness? How long is a person afflicted with meningitis contagious to others?
When someone is symptom free from viral meningitis, are they no longer contagious? My friend just has a runny nose, otherwise he is fine, no fever.
Yes: Although some types are more contagious than others, the three most common types of bacterial meningitis all have vaccines available to reduce the risk. There are no vaccines for viral meningitis, but fortunately viral meningitis is typically less serious than bacterial. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
How contagious is meningitis? And how is it spread? I am worried my friend might have it and i was around her and massaged her head. Worried
Meningitis: Causes of bacterial meningitis including strep, neisseria, h flu & viruses like enteroviruses, herpes, & hiv. Bacteria & viruses that cause meningitis colonize the nose & throat & are transmitted through respiratory droplets. Viral meningitis can also be transmitted by fecal-oral routes & insect bites. Usually contacts working within ~3 ft of those with meningitis r considered to be at high risk. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long is viral meningitis contagious?
- How long is bacterial meningitis contagious?
- How long is mrsa meningitis contagious?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long is flu contagious after tamiflu?
- How long is flu contagious after fever breaks?
- How long is mrsa contagious after antibiotics?
- How long is ringworm contagious after treatment?
- Talk to a infectious disease specialist online