Doctor insights on:
How Long Is Incubation Period For Cardiomyopathy
How long is the REAL incubation period, and are we safe from people that are negative when they board a plane?
Ebola Virus: Per CDC, incubation period is 2 to 21 days w average of 8 to 10 days. A person will not transmit disease if they are asymptomatic and don't have a fever. If a person were on a lengthy flight or multiple flights- theoretically the person could evolve from incubation to active disease. This is why many international airports have instituted medical screening upon entry into the country. ...Read more
...: The incubation period for the flu is between 1-4 days. This means that people can pass along the flu to others before they even know they are sick, as well spread the flu to others for 5-7 days after becoming sick. Washing your hands often and getting the flu vaccine are ways you can protect yourself from the flu. ...Read more
Colplex: Two very different microorganisms with different mechanisms for producing disease. Cholera affects only the mucous lining of the bowel and produces a toxin-mediated watery diarrhea. Salmonella typhi infection begins in the intestinal tract, spreading to the local lymph nodes, to the blood stream, etc. ...Read more
How doctors explain the long incubation period (>1 year) of rabies , can pep vaccination still be effective after 9 months of possible exposure?
Rabies is tricky: Rabies is known for a wide variation in the incubation period. The average is 3 weeks to 3 months for infection to take hold. About 5% of cases occur 1 year after exposure. The longest case on record is 19 years. Experts don't know exactly why this is-but it probably has to do with the virus strain, other viral properties, the patient (how strong their immune system is) etc. YES-I agree with PEP! ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long is the incubation period for bacterial meningitis?
- How long is the incubation period for the flu?
- How long is the incubation period for scabies?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long is the window period for hiv?
- How long is the typical adjustment period for hypothyroid medication?
- How long is the contagious period for hand foot and mouth disease?
- Using erythromycin to treat pink eye
- Talk to a cardiologist online