Doctor insights on:
How Long Is Impetigo Infectious
What does the early stage of impetigo contagious look like? I have a small pinkish red spot that was itchy but not weepy or fluid filled.
Impetigo: Impetigo is an infected skin sore, from whatever cause. It can start with and insect bite, scratch, or any break in the skin. Bacteria get in and cause the skin infection. It will become weepy and develop yellow crusts. An abscess can cause a hard or fluid filled swelling in the skin with redness around it. For any of these, see your doctor. ...Read more
Days: With appropriate treatment, skin infections usually resolve within days. They become less scaly and red as they heal. ...Read more
Usually not long: Impetigo is a superficial skin infection. If only a small area is involved, topical antibiotic cream or ointment usually works. Larger areas may need an oral antibiotic, often for 7 to 10 days. Impetigo can be contagious, so it is wise to keep the area covered if possible and wash hands well after touching the lesions. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Yes: As longregardless of.Get a more detailed answer ›
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long is impetigo contagious?
- For how long is chickenpox infectious
- How long should impetigo last?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long are cold sores infectious?
- How long does til antibiotic helps impetigo?
- How long does papules associated with impetigo last?
- How long does rash associated with impetigo last?
- Talk to a dermatologist online