Doctor insights on:
How Long Is A Simple Stiff Neck Supposed To Last
Fever and stiff neck, difficulty turning my head. Came on pretty suddenly and haven't had this stiffness before. Thoughts?
what are some remedies for stiffness? I currently have a stiff neck, ankle and knee from a combination of working out and looking down at my textbook
Hot water: Definitely! The Japanese knew about this centuries ago - hence their tradition of onsen. A hot bath or shower will do wonders! Of course rest and stretching of tired muscles even with some massage thrown in can do wonders. Best to 'listen' to your body... Pain is the language it uses to tell you 'stop doing' this or that. It helps to pay attention sometimes. Now I recommend taking it easy. ...Read more
Tmj ( no jaw joint damage on X-ray ) -ear symptoms for over a yr-going. Now stiffness in front of ear+ stiff neck and fluttering in head.Will this go?
More w increasing ag: Daily exercise is key to treatment. Gentle range of motion and walking! pain may be reduced with over-the-counter medications(advil/aleve) ice will address inflammation and swelling, never apply ice to the skin, always over a towel or clothing for upto 45 min, follow this by heat for about 20 to 25 minutes to help soothe and relax tight muscles. See your doctor for worsening or persistent pain. ...Read more
Can be chronic: U may want to check with u pcp for evaluation and treatment. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long does stiff neck associated with fibromyalgia last?
- How long does stiff neck associated with listeria last?
- How long is your menstrual cycle supposed to last?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long is a root canal supposed to last?
- How long does a trapped nerve in neck last?
- How long should neck fracture last?
- How long does a pinched nerve in neck last?
- Talk to a urgent care specialist online for free