Doctor insights on:
How Long Is A Person Typically Immobile After Getting A Double Knee Replacement
Please tell me how long it takes for to get in and out of bed by yourself after a knee replacement?
2 days: Most patients are able to get in and out of bed by themselves within 2 days after knee replacement. Obesity and other health factors may affect this. The key is the return of quadriceps function and the ability to raise the leg up off the bed. Exercises to regain that strength will help. ...Read more
How long after double knee replacement surgery will I likely be released to be able to drive? I want to have realistic expectations.
How long after knee replacement surgery can you go back 2 playing sports. I, m fit and well most of the time though i can get pain now nd again.
3 months: You'll be in the hospital 3-5 days. Then either to rehab facility or home with therapy continuing all along. You'll be walking within 1-2 weeks with a walker. The walker will continue 3-4 weeks then conversion to cane or nothing at all. Therapy will continue in 2nd month for range of motion and strength. Improved walking tolerance and stamina is expected in the 3rd month. ...Read more
Full function varies: Most people require a minimum of 6-12 weeks to regain their preop motion back. Most people are able to return to work at a light to medium duty at 6-12 weeks. Most people can play golf at 6-12 weeks. Tennis usually 12 weeks or so. Swimming once the wound is healed and sealed. Most people still feel stiff for 6-12+ months. This gives you good general idea of what to expect. Individuals vary. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
8-12 weeks: It depend on the patient general condition but this the average time. ...Read more
Can you tell me how much time does it take to get in and out of bed by yourself after a knee replacement?
In ; out of bed TKR: You should be able to get in and out of bed by yourself within 4-5 days post op. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long is the recovery time after a knee replacement?
- How long will a knee be swollen after acl and meniscus surgery typically?
- How long is my arm going to hurt after getting a tetanus shot?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Is it normal for my knee to get really stiff after a total knee replacement?
- How long do i exercise to be pain free after a knee replacement?
- How long will i need physical therapy after a knee joint replacement?
- How long do most people take to get out of the hospital after a hip replacement?
- Talk to a orthopedic reconstructive surgeon online for free