Doctor insights on:
How Long Have Pain After Endometrial Biopsy
Biopsy is tissue removed by needle or cutting to remove part of a body part. It is usually a small amount of material that is processed by a pathologist. Most of the time it is stained and looked at through a microscope to arrive at a diagnosis. Special processes are done for some tissues or problems. The purpose is to tell what the problem is (diagnosis). ...Read more
Post biopsy bleeding: A short while, less than a week. ...Read more
Good luck: Prepare like you would as if going to your gyn for a routine exam. Listen to any specific instructions from the gyn dr. As instructed, for example, they may have told you to stop Aspirin or Ibuprofen if you are taking those to decrease bleeding, etc. The whole procedure may only take 15 minutes or there about. Preparation and paper work, etc, may be an hour or so. Best wishes. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Depends on lab: Using one of the big labs like quest or labcorp results should be available in 48 hours. ...Read more
Depends on lab: Most pathology laboratories have a 2-3 day turn around time. However, timing factors and special studies can increase the time to results. To improve your chances of a quick turn-around time, schedule your biopsy early in the day and early in the week. Consider requesting that your biopsy be reviewed by a specialist in gynecologic pathology, although this can take longer to arrange. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Is it normal to have pain 5 days after an endometrial biopsy?
- How long should you have pain after ovarian cyst ruptures?
- How long should you wait to have sex after a colposcope with biopsy?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long does cramping last after my endometrial biopsy?
- How long does the pain last after having a tubal ligation?
- How long should i have pain after endoscopic sinus surgery?
- How long could the pain last after a bone marrow biopsy?
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free