Doctor insights on:
How Long For Shingles Pain To Go Away
Does nerve pain from shingles usually take longer than a week to go away? My condition seems to be improving but random nerve pain is still at a 8.5/9
Can take longer: You may wish to consult to a pain specialist, since interruption of the pain cycle may help the healing process move along better. ...Read more
zoster (shingles): Vaccine has no effect in the treatment of the infection. ...Read more
How long after takong Valtrex for shingles will they go away? I already took my full doses of 4 pills at 1,000 mgs. I've had shingles for 3 weeks.
It varies by person: Each person responds differently. Shingles is caused by dormant chicken pox within nerves. It gets reactivated due to immune system stress, moves out to skin, causes rash/pain. Post-herpetic neuralgia(pain) may persist for months. Treatment: capsacin topical cream (never put on rash), low doses of anti-seizure/antidepressant medicines. Prevention: the zoster vaccine lowers risk of future outbreaks. ...Read more
I have a recuring shingles at the same spot. Pain goes and comes with OTC drugs. On now for 3 weeks. Will it ever go away completely. Am 60 yrs.
Shingles: We may need a second question or response here. Do you not have prescription medication to calm the shingles down and to let healing occur? Have you not gotten the shingles vaccine yet? If the answer is no to either or both of those questions that is what is paramount about your next moves. ...Read more
Redness spreading in a thin line from stomach to back. Doc said not shingles. No pain. Used hydrozole but won't go away. What is it and what can I do?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long does it take for shingles pain to go away?
- How long does it take for wrist fracture pain to go away?
- How long for shingles rash to go away?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long does it take for anxiety pain to go away?
- How long will it take for shingles to go away?
- How long does it take for a kidney infection pain to go away?
- How long does it take shingles pain to go away?
- Talk to a dermatologist online