Doctor insights on:
How Long For Conjuctivities Heal
Depends: If viral, it will usually last 2wks and will resolve. Bacterial conjunctivitis needs to be treated with antibiotics for 7-10 days depending on bug, sometimes longer. Allergic conjunctivitis can be seasonal and needs to be treat longer; same for vernal conjunctivitis. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
No: This is simply a response to the irritation and immune processes in the infected conjunctiva. Cold compresses and time. ...Read more
If you are exposed to someone with symptoms of conjunctivitis, how long does it take to show up in you?
Within a few daqys.: Both viral and chlamydial conjuctivitis appear in 3-4 days. ...Read more
Depends on cause!: Conjuctivitis can be allergy related, infectious (viral or chlamydial), or autoimmune (associated with a number of types of arthritis), such as spondylitis. The allergic one can be treated with histamine blockers and singulair. Viral goes away in short order. Doxycyline or zithromax for chlamydia. The arthritis will last the longest and requires treatment of the underlying disease. ...Read more
Usually: A week or so.Get a more detailed answer ›
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long does it take for stomach ulcers to heal if treated?
- How long should it take for a tick bite to heal?
- How long will it take for a broken thumb to heal?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long does it take for a uti to heal with antibiotics?
- How long does it take for cuts on the face to heal?
- How long will it take for my black eye to heal?
- How long does it take for mole removal to heal?
- Talk to a urgent care specialist online for free