Doctor insights on:
How Long For A Swollen Lip To Go Down
Up to five days: Since it could take Effexor up to five or more days to clear you blood stream, the swelling could persist during that time. If severe , call your family doc for an antihistamine recommendation or try one over the counter, like Benadryl or loratidine. If it is severe, a short burst of steroids could be tried. L. ...Read more
About 3-5 days: Hello. If the damage is minor, use ice for 15-20 minutes a few times per day to reduce the swelling. It should be better in 3-5 days. If not, go to urgent care or contact your regular doctor's office. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
10 days: Assuming the fat lip is from trauma, 10 day is above average for the swelling to go down. It may take a bit longer for bruising to resolve. ...Read more
Depends : On how bad you bit it. It should be healed in a day or two. Lip heals quickly. ...Read more
Lip swelling: What caused you lip to swell, and how long has it been swollen for? Is your lip also painful? Due to the fact that the lip does not typically swell without a significant reason. I would recommend that you see your doctor for an examination. ...Read more
My mom has a swollen lip and had a pimple and popped it five times already. The pain is going down to her jaw, and can't sleep. Should she see doctor?
Depends: If it is from a food allergy, Epinephrine injection can reduce it quite rapidly. If it is from other conditions, then one needs to know what causes it before an appropriate treatment can be used. ...Read more
- HealthTap gives you access to top U.S. certified doctors
- Our doctors are checked, verified and board certified
- Get personalized help and answers directly from the doctor
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long will it take for the swelling to go down after a knee surgery?
- How long does it take for swollen to go down in hand after surgery?
- How long does it take for tooth infection swelling to go down?
- How long does it typically take for a sunburn to go away?
- How long will it take for a small sebaceous cyst take to go away on its own?
- How long does it take for a kidney infection to go away?
- How long does it take for a uti to go away with antibiotics?
- How long does it take for a cold sore on your lip to develop?
- How long does it take for a swollen lip to go down?