Doctor insights on:
How Long Fever
2-7 days: Dengue fever is increasing and is a common cause for fever in travelers returning from the tropics or subtropics. Symptoms develop 3-14 days after mosquito bite. Other symptoms include headache, pain behind eyes, muscle aches, joint pain, rash, and nausea. About 1% progress on to the more worrisome dengue hemorrhagic fever (dhf). If you suspect df see your doctor and avoid use of ibuprofen. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Not usually: In the old days, rheumatic fever was not uncommonly linked to strep infection (fever, jt ache, heart valve damages), but this complication has become extremely rare. If you have fever and aches, then one should consider a viral infection as an alternate explanation unless the presence of strep has been documented by a lab test. ...Read more
Varies: Depending upon the type of infection (otitis, bronchiolitis, pneumonia, etc.), and the immune status of the patient the duration of illness can be highly variable. This is also dependent upon the age, since this is increasingly recognized as a disease of adults as well as children. In symptomatic persons with mild disease a week to 10 days would seem reasonable. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long will fever last with herpes?
- How long are fever blisters contagious?
- How long is scarlet fever contagious?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long to let a fever go?
- How long will fever last with pneumonia?
- How long will a fever last with teething?
- How long will fever last with cold?
- Talk to a infectious disease specialist online