Doctor insights on:
How Long Does Vomiting Associated With Neonatal Pneumonia Last
Multiple factors: Multiple factors determine the recovery from hypoxia in neonates with pneumonia. Premature neonates are at greatest risk due to underlying prematurity related lung disease. Other factors include maternal fever or chorioamnionitis, premature rupture of membranes, sepsis, duration of mechanical ventilation, nosocomial infections, congenital heart disease etc. Discuss with your neonatologist. ...Read more
Interstitial pneumonia is an inflammatory process that affects the walls of the small air sacs in the lungs causing them to thicken & cause difficulties with oxygentation. Several infectious & non-infectious processes can cause accumulation of inflammatory cells & fibrous deposits in the walls of the air sacs causing the lungs to become stiffer & unable to ...Read more
Neonatal pneumonia: Duration of illness will depend upon multiple factors, including the organisms involved, mode of acquisition of infection, immune status of the baby, efficacy of therapy and rapidity with which it was begun, whether it required pulmonary support, and so on and so on. ...Read more
Yes: Group b strep (gbs) is a gram-positive streptococcal bacteria also known as streptococcus agalactiae. It is not the same as group a strep which causes strep throat. It is a bacteria which can spread from mother to newborn infants and is the most common cause of sepsis and meningitis in the United States during a newborn's first week of life. It is not restricted to premature infants. ...Read more
Disease proression: GBS is variable in it's pattern .If the germ transfers to baby during early labor, they are often symptomatic at birth and easily recognized.Since they normally enter baby through the nasal passages/lungs,a pneumonia is a common feature.If acquired in late labor or during delivery, GBS disease may wait up to 6 weeks before emerging.Without the chart, I cannot say if it was missed, but likely not ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long does cough associated with neonatal pneumonia last?
- How long does poor perfusion associated with neonatal pneumonia last?
- How long does jaundice associated with neonatal jaundice last?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long does vomiting associated with pertussis last?
- How long does vomiting associated with volvulus last?
- How long does vomiting associated with sepsis last?
- How long does vomiting associated with listeria last?
- Talk to a pediatrician online