Doctor insights on:
How Long Does Vomiting Associated With Herpangina Last
A canker sore is a painful, open sore in the mouth. Canker sores are white or yellow and surrounded by a bright red area. They are benign (not cancer). Canker sores can run in families. They may also be linked to problems with the body's immune (defense) system. The sores may occur after a mouth injury due to dental work, aggressive tooth cleaning, or biting the tongue or cheek. Canker sores can be triggered by emotional stress, dietary deficiencies (especially iron, folic acid, or vitamin B-12), menstrual periods, hormonal changes, food allergies, and similar situations. They occur most commonly with viral infections. In some cases, the cause can not be identified. Treatment is usually not necessary. In most cases, the canker sores ...Read more
My daughter has herpangina, how long is she contagious for? And should she stay at home away from all kids?
Confusing statement: Herpangina is in the mouth, impetigo is on the skin. It is one or the other by location. Herpangina is caused by a transient virus which disappears after the infection is over. Impetigo is caused by bacteria that can be killed off, but could come back with a new exposure. ...Read more
Virally induced: Herpangina is virally induced, by a number of viruses in the enterovirus family. Coxsackievirus is the most common. Most children develop a high fever and then develop vesicles (blisters) or ulcers (sores) at the back of the throat and palate which are called enanthem. Dehydration is a potential issue. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Contagious virus: Herpangina is a viral illness that involves blisters and ulcerative lesions in a patients mouth. Symptoms may include, mouth pain, a sore throat, and a fever. Vesicles with red surrounds. Herpangina is a very contagious infection which occurs for the most part in children under 10. It is possible for adults who are caring for infected children to become infected. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long does painful mouth sores associated with herpangina last?
- How long does bumps in mouth associated with herpangina last?
- How long does vomiting associated with roseola last?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long does vomiting associated with food allergies last?
- How long does vesicular rash associated with herpangina last?
- How long does diarrhea associated with herpangina last?
- How long does vomiting associated with the flu last?
- Talk to a urgent care specialist online for free