Doctor insights on:
How Long Does Vomit Color Associated With Food Allergies Last
Essentially allergies occur when your immune system goes crazy and decides to has to fight against things it should be ignoring. The immune system of people without allergies simply ignores the pollen in the air or the dander on their cat while an allergic person's immune system creates cells to fight against the pollen or dander. The allergic reaction causes the ...Read more
It depends: Food allergy can produce immediate hive rashes that resolve within 1-2 days of eliminating the food. Other food allergy rashes, such as eczema can last for several days to weeks after elimination. Rash can also persist if there are continued exposures to the food in question. Finally you need to as, "are you sure the rash is due to a food allergy" see an allergist for evaluation. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
If small red bumps that come and go within an hour are hives and due to a food allergy how long will it last. ?
Immediate Symptoms: Food allergies are typically an immediate reaction minutes to a half hour (max 2 hours) after ingestion of concerning food with symptoms ranging anywhere from hives, wheezing, itching, shortness of breath, wheezing, vomiting, throat tightness, or syncope (fainting). If there is any concern see an Allergist for further workup and evaluation with skin prick or serum testing. ...Read more
Go away in kids: You are 37 years old. Although I have seen fish allergy resolve after 20 years or so, for most adults food allergies do not go away. In children & infants most dairy, egg, wheat, soy & corn allergy resolves in a few years. For example, for dairy we see at least 80% resolution in 10-15 years. Even peanut & tree nut allergy resolves spontaneously in 20-25% of kids. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Allergies usually mean there is a response like diarrhea, vomiting, hives, or anaphylaxis when that food is eaten. Other allergies can be more subtle and lead to chronic congestion, headaches, eczema, rashes, constipation, etc. Best answer- if concerned about a particular food eliminate it from your diet and see how you respond. You can ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long does vomiting associated with food allergies last?
- How long does rash associated with food allergies last?
- How long does diarrhea associated with food allergies last?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long does blood in stool associated with food allergies last?
- How long does vomit color associated with appendicitis last?
- How long does abdominal pain associated with food allergies last?
- How long does vomiting associated with milk allergy last?
- Talk to a urgent care specialist online for free