Doctor insights on:
How Long Does Vaginal Tear Associated With Delivery Complications Last
It depends.: Most tears should heal within two to three weeks at the most. Topical Bacitracin (not neosporin) with a pad should be changed two to three times daily, and at least a daily bath or shower. It should heal without any problems but it might be sore for a few weeks to months so be careful with intercourse and bicycles, spin classes, etc. ...Read more
Delivery complications are problems that occur during childbirth, affecting the mother and/or baby. Complications include having difficulty with a natural vaginal birth and having a baby positioned incorrectly before being born, both which may require additional surgical procedures and medication. Further problems may be encountered after delivery such as severe bleeding in the mother and various health ...Read more
Common complication: Your OB is best suited to answer this question but basically it is a cut or laceration of the vagina during vaginal delivery. It is a common complication of delivery that is repaired after the delivery is complete but may be prevented by an episiotomy. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Is it common to have pain while having sex after healing of third degree vaginal tear after delivery of baby?
Few day: A few days to heal as long as nothing in vaginal until tear heals. ...Read more
Depends on the cause: Traumatic tears run the risk of infection which can prolong the healing process. Minor tears sustained during birth will heal spontaneously very quickly since the vagina has a strong blood supply (2-3 weeks). If it's been 1-2 weeks and you see no improvement, or you have pain or discharge or any odor, you should see your gynecologist. Due to the location, infections can occur commonly. ...Read more
5-7 d rest: 5-7 days if you give the area rest and keep it clean. Of course size and depth and surrounding tissue health matters. ...Read more
Week or two perhaps: If the problem seems minor then refrain from any vaginal activity for two weeks. If the pain or bleeding is significant, or it does not get better then please have a doctor's visit. ...Read more
Bled while having sex and on/off spotting after having sex. if this is just a vaginal tear how long will it take to heal? if not, what is wrong?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long does vaginal discharge associated with pregnancy last?
- How long does vaginal bleeding associated with genital herpes last?
- How long does vaginal odor associated with bacterial vaginosis last?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long does vaginal itchiness associated with genital herpes last?
- How long does vaginal bleeding associated with ectopic pregnancy last?
- How long does vaginal bleeding associated with fibroids last?
- How long does vaginal discharge associated with post partum last?
- Talk to a pediatrician online