Doctor insights on:
Duration Of The Stomach Flu
3-5 days: 3-5 days, usually.Get a more detailed answer ›
The flu, otherwise known as influenza, is a viral infection of the nose and throat. Symptoms of influenza include fever, chills, runny nose, muscle aches, fatigue, malaise, headaches, and coughing. Children with the flu often have nausea and vomiting as well. Some strains of the flu are preventable by getting a yearly flu ...Read more
I have had severe diarreha and nausea for 5 days, does the stomach flu usually last this long or should I go have myself seen by a doctor?
See your doc: Severe diarrhea and nausea for 5 days is too long. See your doc to find the cause and to see if you are getting dehydrated. Here is a good resource link for you. Good luck. http://www.uptodate.com/contents/patient-information-acute-diarrhea-in-adults. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
A few days or more: Most stomach viruses last a few days. A few such as rota virus can last a week or longer. Regardless of duration, if a stomach virus makes you dehydrated that can hurt you. And if you are vomiting green bile, or blood, or have bloody diarrhea, or severe stomach pains, you should see a doctor right away. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long does a stomach virus usually last?
- How long does stomach flu last for?
- How long does a stomach flu last in adults?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long does the stomach flu last in adults?
- How long does stomach flu last in children?
- How long does stomach flu last in adults?
- How long does stomach flu last in toddlers?
- Talk to a urgent care specialist online for free