Doctor insights on:
How Long Does The Pink Eye Bacteria Live
Pink eye: Most pink eyes are caused by viruses with a lifespan of 3 to 10 days. Bacterial infections in adults usually follow trauma and surgery. If bacterial, the infection usually can be overcome in 3-6 days with antibiotic therapy. If present beyond this time, revisit your ophthalmologist to assess. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
E.coli: The most common would be e.Coli.Get a more detailed answer ›
Word confusion: The lay and medical community both use overlapping terms for inflammatory conditions of the eye linings. If its pink, whether due to viruses, hair spray or bacteria, some will call it pink eye. Any goopy eye from non bacterial caused may become contaminated by bacteria over time most do not as the tears have some anti bacterial properties. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
I have bacterial conjunctivitis (pink eye), I have antibiotic drops for it and I am applying every two hours. When can I wear eye make up?
After treatment: The best thing is to wait until the infection is completely clear, and the antibiotics are finished. You may need to replace your eye make up as well. If you were using it when you got the infection, bacteria may have contaminated the eye make-up. Using it again may re-infect your eyes. ...Read more
Is erythromycin oinment for pink eye safe to use while nursing? Also if i don't use an antibiotic for bacterial pink eye will it go away?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long does pink eye virus live?
- How long does it take a broken blood vessel in the eye to heal?
- How long does pink eye last from cum?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long can ecoli the bacteria live on a surface?
- How long does pink eye last on surfaces?
- How long does it take to get rid of pink eye?
- How long does pink eye last when sperm gets in it?
- Talk to a urgent care specialist online for free