Doctor insights on:
How Long Does The Laceration Repair Take
Depends: Laceration repair depends upon the location, depth, risk to underlying structures and risk of infection. Function is the most important outcome aimed for, followed by cosmesis. Other than simple punctures or small lacerations ( is your tetanus up to date?) you should go to an er or a surgeon for repair and evaluation of deeper damage. ...Read more
Deep laceration of my index finger (and surgery to repair my nerve) 1.5 month ago.10 stitches. I cannot bed or straighten my finger properly since. How long will take to fully recover motion?
Finger surgery recov: This depends on many factors, type of injury, other structures also injured such as tendons or ligaments, age of patient, presence of arthritis, legth of splining , type and frequency of physical therapy etc. This is best answered by your hand surgeon. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Liver lacerations: A liver laceration is caused by blunt force trauma; a transfer of energy. Car crashes, falls, beatings, boxing and sports injuries are most common causes. Some of these lacerations are observed and some require surgical intervention. The 90% may refer to some aspect of the liver function or the laceration. Ok to ask your health team. ...Read more
Difficult to say: I have no idea of the size/depth/mechanism of the injury or how it was treated. If you have a small lac that was closed you should be able to get back to your life short of kickboxing. If the wound wasn't closed and you are waiting for secondary healing, it would take weeks to months. Scars take a minimum of 1 year to be in there final state (use sunscreen). If you smoke all will take longer. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long after open heart surgery does it take the sternum to heal completely?
- How long does it take a broken blood vessel in the eye to heal?
- How long does it take for food to pass through the digestive system?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long does it usually take to heal tendonitis in the shoulder?
- How long does it typically take a deep bone bruise to the hand to heal?
- How long does it take for prednisone effects to leave the body?
- How long does it take a urinary tract infection to reach the kidneys?
- Talk to a urgent care specialist online for free