Doctor insights on:
How Long Does The Common Cold Typically Last
Less than 5-7 days: Most viral upper respiratory infection will resolve within 5-7 days. If symptoms persist beyond this length of time, or there is a worsening of symptoms after an initial improvement, it may have progressed into a bacterial infection. This is the usual pathway in the development of a sinus infection, as an example. ...Read more
Colds arn't cured: The average common cold last 10 days measures such as increasing fluids getting appropriate rest blowing your nose sucking on candy using a humidifier can help make you more comfortable. If the symptoms really interfere with eating sleeping normal activity saline washes or otc decongestant sprays/tabs/or syrups can provide short term relief. ...Read more
Wait: The zinc in coldeze may shorten the duration of a cold by a day or so. Symptomatic treatment will make you feel better. Throat lozenges for sore throat, oral pseudephedrine or topical neosynephrine for nasal congestion, Robitussin-DM for cough and tylenol (acetaminophen) for pain and discomfort when needed are what i recommend. There is no medical cure but wait 7 days and it will be gone. ...Read more
3-7 days. : Symptoms vary from day to day and from person to person. Illness usually begins 12 hours to 4 days after exposure & generally lasts for 3 - 7 days. Children may have only diarrhea or vomiting at first, but with progression become sufficiently ill to require hospitalization. Other symptoms may develop as the disease evolves; about 10% of children have only fever and vomiting upon admission. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor online
- How long does a common cold usually last?
- How long does a common cold last adults?
- How long does the common cold last in adults?
- How long does the common cold normally last?
- How long does a hip replacement typically last?
- How long does vertigo typically last?
- How long does food poisoning typically last?
- How long does listlessness associated with common cold last?
- How long does the common cold usually last?