Doctor insights on:
How Long Does The Birth Control Pill Take To Be Effective 3rd Cycle
Contraception is also known as Birth control. Contraceptiion is a means of preventing conception (or fertilization). There are hormonal and non hormonal methods of preventing sperm and egg from meeting. Talk to your doctor or clinic about what options are best for you. There are short acting methods (condoms, pills, patch, ring) and long ...Read more
Depends: If you start the pill when you start your period, it is effective from the beginning. If you start the pill at any other time in your cycle, you should expect to be protected after taking the pill for 2 weeks. ...Read more
Use back up: Protection for the first month that you are taking oral contraceptives. ...Read more
Possible Immediate: Immediate if started to take the first day of your period. After that the risk of geting pregnant is higher. If sunday start or a couple of days after your period you need added protection that whole month. ...Read more
It depends: It depends on when in your cycle you started the pills. If you started on the first day of bleeding, it's effective right away. If later in your cycle, it typically takes 7 days to take effect, so use back up prior to then. It also may depend on when you last had sex, and what you used for protection. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
With any pills u : Should use backup for the 1st month. ...Read more
Birth control pills: Some pills are chewable and start dissolving right away. Those that are swallowed will start upon entering the stomach and take about 30-45 minutes depending on whether taken with a meal. ...Read more
Two weeks: It is customary to recommend not relying on the pill for the first month, but really two weeks is adequate if you are a committed 'pill taker' and take it daily, as recommended. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long does it take birth control pills to go bad in the tropics?
- How long does it take for birth control pills to become effective?
- How long does it take the birth control pill to work?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long does it take birth control pills to go bad if expired?
- How long does it take for breasts to swell when on birth control pills?
- How long does it take for birth control to become effective?
- How long do you have to take the pill for it to be effective?
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free