Doctor insights on:
How Long Does Terminally Ill Person Have Morphine Stay In The System
Depends: It depends on the form it is given as (iv, oral, extended release oral) as well as the kidney function of the patient. For immediate release morphine the half life (time for body to clear half) is 2-4 hours. With normal kidney function that means the parent drug (not metabolite) is gone in 8-16 hours) if the kidneys are working. Longer to much longer if they are not. ...Read more
Variable.: The elimination half life (or time required for the morphine to fall to half its previous value) is about two to four hours. Certain tests however can be very sensitive and detect small amounts of morhpine in the system for quite some time after this. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Variable: The half life is 3-5 hours. It will be detactable in your system for 24 hours. The metabolite is detectable longer. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long does morphine stay in your system?
- How to fly a terminally ill person?
- How long does morphine stay in your urine?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long does a person with meningitis stay infectious?
- Levonorgestrel how long does it stay in your system
- How long does marijuana stay in a newborns system?
- How long does marjuana stay in ur system?
- Talk to a pain management specialist online for free