Doctor insights on:
How Long Does Stomach Flu Last In Children
The flu, otherwise known as influenza, is a viral infection of the nose and throat. Symptoms of influenza include fever, chills, runny nose, muscle aches, fatigue, malaise, headaches, and coughing. Children with the flu often have nausea and vomiting as well. Some strains of the flu are preventable by getting a yearly flu ...Read more
How long does stomach flu last?Been 3 days it feels like I have a huge knot in my stomach.Im hypoglycemic.Hardly can eat crackers without pain.
Gastroenteritis: According to the cdc, viral gastroenteritis usually has a duration of one to ten days (depending on the specific virus). Start with clear liquid like water, soda that is clear, or sports hydration drinks. Sip, sip, sip. Work up to solids with bland foods like bananas, rice, applesauce, toast, gelatin, or chicken. Avoid alcohol, nicotine, caffeine, dairy ; high fat foods. Rest. ...Read more
A few days or more: Most stomach viruses last a few days. A few such as rota virus can last a week or longer. Regardless of duration, if a stomach virus makes you dehydrated that can hurt you. And if you are vomiting green bile, or blood, or have bloody diarrhea, or severe stomach pains, you should see a doctor right away. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long does the stomach flu last in children?
- How long does fever last with flu in children?
- How long does stomach flu last for?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Duration of the stomach flu
- How long does the stomach flu last in adults?
- How long does stomach flu last in adults?
- How long does stomach flu last in toddlers?
- Talk to a pediatrician online