Doctor insights on:
How Long Does Rash Associated With Shingles Last
Most bumps and blotches on a newborn baby are harmless and clear up by themselves. By far the most common skin problem in infants is diaper rash. Diaper rash is an irritation of the skin caused by dampness, urine, or feces. Most babies who wear diapers will have some type of diaper rash. However, there are other skin disorders that can cause rashes. These are usually not serious unless ...Read more
No: While painful blisters on the skin are the most common symptoms of a shingles outbreak, there are other symptoms you can use to diagnose the condition. Not all patients suffering from shingles will develop a rash. Pain, flu like symptoms, movement issues, but no rash have been reported and identified as "shingles". The time from symptoms to wellness is variable. 6 to 8 weeks usual. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
How long should I expect pain from shingles to last after finishing antivirals? I believe my rash was mild. How long should I wait to see my Dr?
I have recurring skin rashes in different areas that appear like fever blisters or shingles and itch. I never had chicken pox. It lasts a couple wks. ?
PHN: After the shingle kin rash has resolved you may experience discomfort & tingling sensation with or without pain at the site of the rash. The symptoms usually improve anywhere from a few weeks to a few months. In certain individuals, post-herpetic neuralgia ("nerve pain" after shingles) can be severe & can last for months, occasional up to a year & infrequently beyond that. Treatment is available. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long does rash with painful blisters associated with shingles last?
- How long does rash associated with food allergies last?
- How long does rash associated with strep throat last?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long does rash associated with contact dermatitis last?
- How long does rash associated with ringworm last?
- How long does rash associated with genital herpes last?
- How long does itchy rash associated with eczema last?
- Talk to a dermatologist online