Doctor insights on:
How Long Does Rash Associated With Poison Oak And Poison Ivy Last
How can you tell the rash of poison ivy or poison oak? Are they contagious and how does it last? And how long does it itch?
Most bumps and blotches on a newborn baby are harmless and clear up by themselves. By far the most common skin problem in infants is diaper rash. Diaper rash is an irritation of the skin caused by dampness, urine, or feces. Most babies who wear diapers will have some type of diaper rash. However, there are other skin disorders that can cause rashes. These are usually not serious unless ...Read more
I have poison oak and poison ivy. Is the rash contagious to others and could it be spread on my body by scratching or simple contact?
Yes: Clothing is not an effective barrier, especially if one sweats. Wearing vinyl gloves under garden gloves can help. ...Read more
Yes: Poison ivy (in eastern us), oak (in western us), sumac (in eastern us) are 3 species in the genus toxicodendron or rhus which all produce urushiol oil, the substance that in sensitive individuals produces contact dermatitis. Urushiol is very stable and can be blown on leaf particles into contact with the skin or carried on clothing for over a year so dermatitis can occur without plant contact. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long does rash on palms and soles associated with syphilis last?
- How long does rash on head and neck associated with cradle cap last?
- How long does rash on palms and soles associated with pregnancy last?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long does rash on head and neck associated with eczema last?
- How long does rash on head and neck associated with hives last?
- How long does rash on the head and neck associated with baby acne last?
- How long does rash on head and neck associated with lyme advanced last?
- Talk to a dermatologist online