Doctor insights on:
How Long Does Rash Associated With Fifth Disease Last
Most bumps and blotches on a newborn baby are harmless and clear up by themselves. By far the most common skin problem in infants is diaper rash. Diaper rash is an irritation of the skin caused by dampness, urine, or feces. Most babies who wear diapers will have some type of diaper rash. However, there are other skin disorders that can cause rashes. These are usually not serious unless ...Read more
2-3 weeks...: ...On average, in my experience.Get a more detailed answer ›
I think my 9-month-old has fifth disease. Rash and fever lasted only one day. Should I take her to the doctor if no symptoms are present?
Whats Ur gut tell U: There are a variety of rash producing viruses that have little importance to the real scheme of things & most can be managed at home. If the kid is playful for most of his/her day, feeding & wetting diapers as usual, i see little need for an office visit. I truly believe mom's are pre-wired with a sense of their own child's needs & can tell if they need to come in. Do what you're comfortable with. ...Read more
Can adults get fifth disease without face rash?Last week had cold symptoms now for a week i've had red blotchy rash on arms and legs, worse in heat
Cheeks; arms/thighs: Fifth's disease, a viral infection caused by a virus. The rash starts brightly on the cheeks, often described as a "slapped cheek appearance". In a few days, a lighter, lacy looking rash appears on the upper arms, legs, & upper chest. By then, the child is no longer contagious. Unless there are certain blood disorders, it causes minimal symptoms. Exposed pregnant women should inform their doctor. ...Read more
Fifth disease is a condition in which a person (usually a child) has a rash due to "parvovirus B19" infection. The mild rash may resemble a "slapped-cheek" with reddened cheeks. Joint pain, fever, and general flu-like symptoms may also occur. This infection goes away without treatment in healthy children and adults, but pregnant ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long does slapped cheek rash associated with fifth disease last?
- How long does fussiness associated with fifth disease last?
- How long does decreased sleep associated with fifth disease last?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long does decreased appetite associated with fifth disease last?
- How long does cough associated with fifth disease last?
- How long does diarrhea associated with fifth disease last?
- How long does fever associated with fifth disease last?
- Talk to a dermatologist online