Doctor insights on:
How Long Does Rash Associated With Erythema Multiforme Last
1-3 weeks: It is, of course, variable based on each patient. Em is most often self-limited. Mild cases can resolve in 1-2 weeks but more advanced cases can take longer to resolve. ...Read more
Most bumps and blotches on a newborn baby are harmless and clear up by themselves. By far the most common skin problem in infants is diaper rash. Diaper rash is an irritation of the skin caused by dampness, urine, or feces. Most babies who wear diapers will have some type of diaper rash. However, there are other skin disorders that can cause rashes. These are usually not serious unless ...Read more
My 9 y/o son was diagnosis w/erythema multiforme. He takes xyzal to keep the rash minimal but this has lasted 3 mo. Does EM last this long?
Allergy?: Erythema multiforme may be from an allergy to medications, or a viral infection which lasts 2-6 weeks if it is mild. If it's worse by now you may want to see your doctor again. Here is a handout on EM: http://www.wikidoc.org/index.php/Erythema_multiforme_%28patient_information%29 ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
My 3 year old has a rash all over and a fever they said its erythema multiforme. What caused that?
Allergy reaction: Erythema multiforme can be the result of an allergic reaction, or a bacterial/viral/fungal infection and medications.Also known as stevens johnson syndrome , minor variety is self limiting, major could be lethl. ...Read more
Erythema multiforme is a type of hypsersensitivity skin reaction in response to medicines (sulfa, phenytoin, barbiturates, penicillin), infections (herpes, mycoplasma) , or illness. Symptoms are fever, ill feeling, joint ache and symmetric itchy rash on the trunk, extremities, palms, hands, feet, that starts quickly as a macule, papule, blister or hive. There can be bull's ...Read more
Red skin is a symptom in which part or all of a person's skin is redder than normal. Redness is usually caused by increased blood (red colored) in the reddened area. Increased blood flow can be due to allergies, inflammation, infection, hormonal changes, nerve problems, ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long does diffuse rash associated with erythema multiforme last?
- How long does rash associated with erythema toxicum last?
- How long does rash associated with food allergies last?
- How long does rash associated with strep throat last?
- How long does rash associated with hand foot mouth last?
- How long does rash associated with contact dermatitis last?
- How long does rash associated with ringworm last?
- How long does rash associated with genital herpes last?
- Talk to a dermatologist online for free