Doctor insights on:
How Long Does Rash Associated With Erythema Multiforme Last
Most bumps and blotches on a newborn baby are harmless and clear up by themselves. By far the most common skin problem in infants is diaper rash. Diaper rash is an irritation of the skin caused by dampness, urine, or feces. Most babies who wear diapers will have some type of diaper rash. However, there are other skin disorders that can cause rashes. These are usually not serious unless ...Read more
My 9 y/o son was diagnosis w/erythema multiforme. He takes xyzal to keep the rash minimal but this has lasted 3 mo. Does EM last this long?
Allergy?: Erythema multiforme may be from an allergy to medications, or a viral infection which lasts 2-6 weeks if it is mild. If it's worse by now you may want to see your doctor again. Here is a handout on EM: http://www.wikidoc.org/index.php/Erythema_multiforme_%28patient_information%29 ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
My 3 year old has a rash all over and a fever they said its erythema multiforme. What caused that?
Erythema multiforme: It depends on the cause, and whether or not the cause is diagnosed and treated. If it's a drug side effect and the drug is stopped, it may start to clear up quickly, in a few days. If it's due to a chronic auto inflammatory condition, it could last a long time, or come and go with flares of the illness. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmedhealth/pmh0001854/. ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
Erythema multiforme is a type of hypsersensitivity skin reaction in response to medicines (sulfa, phenytoin, barbiturates, penicillin), infections (herpes, mycoplasma) , or illness. Symptoms are fever, ill feeling, joint ache and symmetric itchy rash on the trunk, extremities, palms, hands, feet, that starts quickly as a macule, papule, blister or hive. There can be bull's ...Read more
Red skin is a symptom in which part or all of a person's skin is redder than normal. Redness is usually caused by increased blood (red colored) in the reddened area. Increased blood flow can be due to allergies, inflammation, infection, hormonal changes, nerve problems, ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long does diffuse rash associated with erythema multiforme last?
- How long does rash associated with erythema toxicum last?
- How long does rash associated with food allergies last?
- How long does rash associated with strep throat last?
- How long does rash associated with hand foot mouth last?
- How long does rash associated with contact dermatitis last?
- How long does rash associated with ringworm last?
- How long does rash associated with genital herpes last?
- Talk to a dermatologist online