Doctor insights on:
How Long Does Purple Feet Associated With Normal 05 Mo Last
Define purple feet: If your kid has pale or bluish/purple feet when they are exposed to a room temperature about 70 degrees but normal or pink in warm water, then the baby is shifting the surface blood flow to save energy. This is a normal function that allows baby to use energy for growth rather than to heat the feet.If purple in warm water you have a circulation/lung problem. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
35f swollen purple feet bi lat,full blood workup normal cept high rbc,hct,hgb. no b12 or D issue no circulation issue, no high bp, or not diabetic .
Polycythemia: Depending on how high the red cell/hemoglobin levels are above normal, you may be dealing with polycythemia. This can be either a reactive phenomenon due to smoking or some other oxygen-deprivation signal that tells the body to make more red cells, or a 'myeloproliferative disorder' affecting the precursor cells in the bone marrow. Consider seeing an internist or hematologist. ...Read more
Venous congestion.: Congratulations on your pregnancy! this can be an exciting time. This can also be a time of discovery for other aspects of your body. With a baby onboard, this space occupying heaviness can impede the normal venous flow from the feet and legs to the heart. Pooled venous blood in your feet is blue due to low oxygenation--in contradistinction to the red oxygenated blood flowing from the heart. ...Read more
No: Unless your baby is uncomfortable or having trouble breathing, it's not necessary. Babies normally have purple feet and hands, which is why they get 9's on the apgar test instead of 10's. However if the baby has purple or bluish skin elsewhere, or lips they need to be seen immediately, as this could be a sign of heart or lung problems. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
I have purple feet, almost black cold most of the time the right foot is the worst. Polio at the age of 16.
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long does responds to noise associated with normal 05 wk last?
- How long does drinks bathwater associated with normal 12 mo last?
- How long does fever associated with normal 10 mo last?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long does sneezing associated with normal 09 mo last?
- How long does gelatin allergy associated with normal 12 mo last?
- How long does noisy breathing associated with normal 10 mo last?
- How long does separation anxiety associated with normal 10 mo last?
- Talk to a pediatrician online