Doctor insights on:
How Long Does Post Tussive Vomiting Associated With Pertussis Last
Saw neuro 4 severe headache lasts 15 secs after cough fit whenever sick. Started 9 yrs ago. He says post tussive cough or unruptured anuerysm? Scared!
My husband is 25 and got a horriblecough from my 2 yr old niece. He is almoat vomiting after coughing and hard breathing and has a bad gasp at the end?
I have pertussis (whooping cough) and after i eat, i start coughing which makes me want to vomit. Should i?
Yes: One of the key symptoms of pertussis is episodes of coughing followed by nausea like symptoms and or vomiting. As pertussis is severe infection with lot of mucus body tries to eliminate the mucus by vomiting and if you feels then should vomit. Take adequate rx for pertussis. It may take weeks for symptoms to improve sometimes if infection is severe. F/u with md. Best wishes. ...Read more
Well, it can't...: ...Last longer than a few minutes, because death occurs after that. ...Read more
5 days: Once a baby has been diagnosed with pertussis, the normal treatment is Azithromycin (zithromax). One is considered contagious until one completes the 5-day course. After that your baby will not be contagious, even if he/she is still coughing. The cough can go on for awhile. Hopefully this was not because of missing vaccinations, which are quite effective at preventing pertussis in children. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
1-3 weeks: Actually 5-21 days.Get a more detailed answer ›
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long does vomiting associated with pertussis last?
- Pertussis post tussive vomiting
- Is post tussive vomiting a symptom of pertussis?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long does vomiting associated with thalassemia last?
- How long does vomiting associated with volvulus last?
- How long does vomiting associated with sepsis last?
- How long does vomiting associated with listeria last?
- Talk to a pediatrician online