Doctor insights on:
How Long Does Poor Perfusion Associated With Neonatal Pneumonia Last
Multiple factors: Multiple factors determine the recovery from hypoxia in neonates with pneumonia. Premature neonates are at greatest risk due to underlying prematurity related lung disease. Other factors include maternal fever or chorioamnionitis, premature rupture of membranes, sepsis, duration of mechanical ventilation, nosocomial infections, congenital heart disease etc. Discuss with your neonatologist. ...Read more
Interstitial pneumonia is an inflammatory process that affects the walls of the small air sacs in the lungs causing them to thicken & cause difficulties with oxygentation. Several infectious & non-infectious processes can cause accumulation of inflammatory cells & fibrous deposits in the walls of the air sacs causing the lungs to become stiffer & unable to ...Read more
Neonatal pneumonia: Duration of illness will depend upon multiple factors, including the organisms involved, mode of acquisition of infection, immune status of the baby, efficacy of therapy and rapidity with which it was begun, whether it required pulmonary support, and so on and so on. ...Read more
Yes: Group b strep (gbs) is a gram-positive streptococcal bacteria also known as streptococcus agalactiae. It is not the same as group a strep which causes strep throat. It is a bacteria which can spread from mother to newborn infants and is the most common cause of sepsis and meningitis in the United States during a newborn's first week of life. It is not restricted to premature infants. ...Read more
Germs: Prior to delivery, infants have access to the fluid that circulates in the bag of waters. The longer that bag is open, the more likely germs can get in and get to baby, enter the lungs, and begin a pneumonia before delivery. Babies can also acquire germs in the birth canal and inhale them with their first breath. Early recognition and treatment is the only chance baby has for survival. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long does cough associated with neonatal pneumonia last?
- How long does vomiting associated with neonatal pneumonia last?
- How long does jaundice associated with neonatal jaundice last?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long does fever associated with strep throat last?
- How long does diarrhea associated with common cold last?
- How long does rash associated with food allergies last?
- How long does painful urination associated with genital herpes last?
- Talk to a pediatrician online